Ski Kare’s technicians all have vast experience in the ski industry including nordic and alpine service with the U.S. Ski Team, product testing and development with equipment manufacturers and thousands of days skiing locally on the mountain and in the back country. Ski Kare applies this vast knowledge base to every ski or snowboard we service to give you the best performance possible on your gear no matter the condition.
What to expect
- We hand finish all of our skis to fit each customers individual skiing ability,
- Ensure that each ski has the proper base structure and wax for the current conditions
- We are happy to give advice on the best tuning options for your time at Steamboat, or any other resort!
- Now offering overnight ski tunes at both locations at no extra charge!
New Ski Preparation
- Ski Kare technicians will mount your Alpine,Telemark or A.T. bindings
- Prep the bases
- Fine tune base and side-edge bevels
- Finally the skis are waxed and you’re ready to go
- Why do new skis need to be tuned?
Your new skis are not necessarily dialed in to your expectations from the factory. New skis get a “generic” tune when they are finished at the factory and a protective wax is applied to the bases. We will tune your skis to suit your preferences and local conditions so your first day on your new skis will meet your expectations.
Ski Repairs – Shop Rate, $60/hr
If you can break it, we can probably fix it! core shots, basewelds, base patches, and edge-section replacements, delaminations, stripped binding screws, heli-coils, and more.
All Ski Types
Our shop works on all types of recreational and competition skis:
- Park and Pipe